Give your baby some extra comfort with our soothing, alcohol-free Colic Drops.
- Use from birth
- Helps disperse trapped air
- Add to your baby’s bottle or use the handy syringe
Simple relief from colic
When your baby’s suffering from colic, you can both do with a little help. Try a 2.5ml dose of our Colic Drops with or after a feed to free any trapped air.
While colic doesn't normally begin for at least a couple of weeks, our alcohol-free Colic Drops are suitable from birth.
What's in our Colic Drops?
Dentinox Infant Colic Drops contains the active ingredient activated dimeticone.
belongs to a group of medicines called active substances and helps to release trapped wind from your baby's tummy.
Always read the label.
For more information, have a look at this leaflet (PDF 531Kb)Back to top
Frequently asked questions
What would you like to know?
- Do the Colic Drops contain lactose?
There's no lactose in our Colic Drops.
- Do they contain aspartame?
No, we don't use aspartame.
- Do they contain gluten?
No, they're gluten-free.
- Do they contain any ingredients derived from animals?
No, they’re suitable for vegetarians.
- Do they contain sugar?
Yes, there's less than 0.4g of sugar per 2.5ml dose.
- The product is very thick. Is this normal?
Yes. When poured onto a spoon, our Colic Drops are very gooey, and when the spoon is tilted down it falls off slowly.
- What’s the maximum dose you can give?
6 x 2.5ml doses, which is equal to 15ml in 24 hours.
- Can you use the drops if your baby is suffering from liver disease?
There are no contra-indications (known medical reasons not to use the medicine with a baby with liver disease). But it’s always best just to check with your doctor first if you have any concerns.
- Does the Activated Dimeticone act as an antacid?
It doesn't have the same mode of action as an antacid and it doesn’t neutralise stomach acid.
- Can the drops be used over a long period of time?
Yes. However if the symptoms persist you should talk to your health visitor or doctor.
- How should I clean the syringe?
Rinse the syringe with warm water and dry. It's not suitable for steam sterilisation.
- Can they be administered to a premature baby?
No, seek a doctor’s advice for treating premature babies.
Have you tried?
More little treatments
* Dentinox Teething Gel is a medicine.
† Dentinox Cradle Cap Treatment Shampoo is a medicine.